Re: [ct-user] CW keying

To: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>, "John Bednar" <k3ct@verizon.net>,<ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CW keying
From: "Pitman, Zoltan, VF-NL" <zoltan.pitman@vodafone.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:41:54 +0100
For WIN98SE you only need systray and explorer to run. Check the process list
with ctr-alt-del and u will see what else is running. Everything else is
superfluous. There are many free SW on the net enabling you cleaning up your
startup list. That's where you have to start from.

On properly set up (=clean) PC without RFI CT produces good CW.

73, Zoli HA1AG

  I don't doubt the reports that I am reading but I suspect that the
  problems that you are experiencing are due to other programs running
  on your computers and not so much CTWin's fault. These might be
  programs that you are aware of, programs that you forgot about
  (virus scanning), and also processes that you don't know about.

  We have a Celeron 1.7 GHz with Win98SE using LPT1
  for keying.  I've heard a recording of my signal
  at LZ1ABC and I think the keying sounds choppy.
  Beyond that, there are some occasions when what is
  being sent sounds like the computer is drunk!  :-)

  73,
  Bob
  K3PH