[ct-user] CW keying

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] CW keying
From: Dave Haupt <emailw8nf@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:59:56 -0800 (PST)
Running a PII 133MHz laptop with the max 32 Meg RAM
it's capable of holding.  W98 refuses to even load,
therefore it's running W95.  CT DOS 10x, LPT1 keying.
I use an external CMOS4 keyer and BY-1 paddle for
fills, with the keying interface and external keyer
output wired in parallel.  I like having the external
keyer - I keep the speed set a bit lower than CT.  I'm
a little pistol station, so fills are usually required
because I have a weak signal, and slower CW speed
helps in those situations.

Dave W8NF