[ct-user] CT WIN Inteface Questions

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] CT WIN Inteface Questions
From: jpescatore@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 15:51:30 -0500
I'm getting a station on the air again after being QRT for 6 or 7 years.
Everything is a bit different on the computer end now, so two interface
questions with CT:

1. The Windows XP PC I have available to use with the station has a DB9 com
port and a DB25 LPT port. I have a DB9 TS850 interface and a DB9 CW keying
interface I used to use with CT, so one of them has to go onto the DB25. Since
CTWIN says it will only key over LPT1, I want to put together an adapter cable
for the DB25 LPT1 to the DB9 on my old keying interface. Is it just as simple
as running DB9 pin 4 (DTR) to DB25 pin 17 (select) and carrying ground across?
Or am I missing something?

2. When I use Alt-F1 in CT to change bands, it QSYs my 850 but always to the
low end of the band. IE, if I'm on 14.040 and ALT-F1 to go to 40M, it sends the
850 to 7.000 vs. whatever the last freq I used on 40 was. Also, changing bands
on the 850 does *not* cause CT to change bands in the logging screen. I don't
remember it working this way when I had older DOS version of CT interfaced to
my 850 - or is that just how it works.

Thanks for any advice, John K3TN