Callsign Ditto

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Callsign Ditto
From: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org (Jim Stahl)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 96 11:21:51 EST

>New function CALLSIGN DITTO, for moving stations from band to
>band.Pressing the quote or ditto key while in the callsign field
>copies the callsign from the previous QSO.

>      I think I'm missing something here...   what advatage does
>this function  have in passing stations, if you only capture the
>call?  Do you also pre-record a QSY message, and you now insert
>that call to the QSY message?

>      Thanks,

>      Ken WM2C

     Having suggested this to Dave a month or so ago, I suspect I
am the one to take credit or blame.  The Ditto function (not to
be confused with the Dittohead function, of use in dealing with
pig farmers on 75 SSB) was conceived for VHF contests,
where stations are routinely moved through multiple bands. Rather
that having to retype WB8DCR/VE3/R for each band, a single key
will bring down the call sign, and if the QSO is successfully
completed, <Enter> will provide the qso information and log the QSO.

     This is also of more value on VHF where stations frequently
resemble an octopus consisting of all the PTT microphones
attached to all the single band radios.  Touch typing and PTT
mikes don't mix well.

     73  -  Jim   K8MR    k8mr@barf80.nshore.org

Jim Stahl
InterNet: k8mr@barf80.nshore.org
Basic Amateur Radio Frequency, BARF-80 +1 216/237-8208
"Totally devoted to Amateur Radio" - 24 Hrs a day 8/N/1 14.4k-300 baud

--
Submissions:              na-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org
Administrative requests:  na-user-REQUEST@ve7tcp.ampr.org