[NA-User] 2 radios - 1 COM port

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] 2 radios - 1 COM port
From: wx3m@comcast.net (wx3m@comcast.net)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:24:35 -0500
I have recently (yesterday) acquired a second IC-765. This came with the
CI-V interface.

I have used my current IC-765 with NA using a homebrew interface. As they
sit right now, RIG-1 is on COM-3 and RIG-2 is on COM-4. All is well and
communicating happily . . .

I would like to combine the communications to both radios into one COM port,
(so I can do SO2R from a laptop). The Icom (and the homebrew) computer
interfaces allow you to use several radios on one interface.

How do I do this?

I assume that if I have both radios hooked to the interface on COM X, and NA
configured to RIG-1=IC-765 and RIG-2=IC-765, NA and the interface will not
know which radio is which and become confused.

I assume I will have to change the address (HEX value/assignment) for one of
the radios. If I leave RIG-1 the way it is, and set RIG-2 to, say, an
IC-781, and change the radio 2 to communicate like an IC-781, can NA talk to
both radios on the same COM port?

Don WX3M

Don Chisholm
dchishol@oakland.edu
http://www.oakland.edu/~dchishol/
"I didn't do it.  Nobody saw me.  You can't prove anything." - Bart Simpson