[NA-User] LPT1 interface problem on new computer

To: <na-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [NA-User] LPT1 interface problem on new computer
From: steve@oakcom.com (Steve Maki)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:19:28 -0400
Problem:

Swapped in a new computer, and now I can't key the radio unless I
unplug the PTT line. Problem is the same on several different
(both homemade and commercial) LPT keying interfaces. With the
PTT line hooked to the radio, the PTT works, and the paddle input
works (I hear the computer generated CW), but the radio is not keyed.

With PTT disconnected, radio keys fine. I tried various LPT settings
in the computer's BIOS, but nothing fixes it. Apparently the LPT
pinout on this box is different somehow.

Has anyone run into this?

TIA

--
Steve K8LX