[RFI] Spray Shielding?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Spray Shielding?
From: Bill Coleman AA4LR <aa4lr@radio.org> (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 07:53:13 -0400
On 6/12/00 7:32 AM, J. Bradshaw at ac6tk@cybertime.net wrote:

>I once heard of a product that came in a spray can that could be used to
>coat the inside of a plastic cabinet for shielding.  Is this still around?
>Where can I find some?

I used a product like this on a Wyse 85 Terminal years ago. It was in a
plastic case with no sheilding of the monitor. I don't remember what it
was called. I found it at a local electronics supply place.

It sprays on as a black coating, and is supposed to absorb EMI. I found
it worked somewhat. I don't know if it was worth the trouble.

Most of my EMI from the terminal came from the keyboard and cable. The
cable succumbed to placing a ferrite rod in its coils, but I never could
find a good way to shield the keyboard.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Boot, you transistorized tormentor! Boot!"
            -- Archibald Asparagus, VeggieTales

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/rfi