RE: [RFI] BPL reply comments

To: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>, <kilo.mike@gte.net>, "RFI Reflector" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RFI] BPL reply comments
From: "Richard Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 07:24:36 -0700
> Chris, et al, please check out my reply to Current Technologies
> original comments (much of their reply comments reiterate the
> b&llsh%t in their original comments). I did my best to counter
> their brazen hubris.
73 de Mike, W4EF......................................................

I just wanted to confirm something you said
in your FCC comments about part 15 limits.
This is in regard to some streetlight
interference I have been having.  If I understand
it correctly, the power company cannot use as a
defense the fact that the streetlight is FCC type
accepted for part 15, not the fact that the streetlight
actually meets part 15 (although I doubt either is
true).  Is that right?  Also, if the streetlight is
"exempt" from part 15 type acceptance, that is also
not an excuse for them to fix the interference.  Right?
There is no level of interference I just have to
live with, as you say.

BTW, the interference is so bad on 1140 kHz that
it puts a buzz on a 50 kW AM broadcast station
only 6 miles away (and I am not in a pattern null).

Rick N6RK