Re: [RFI] shielding question

To: "RFI List" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] shielding question
From: "Jim Brown" <jimbrown.enteract@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 10:17:44 -0600
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:05:26 -0500, Pete Smith wrote:

>Jim, I think that Tom's point was that if you own the copyright on these
>papers (I realize you may not),

I do not.

>why not put them on a web site somewhere so
>that they can be viewed by hams, who are not professionals in the field,
>without paying such a high price for a paper they may not be able to
>understand or use?

These papers are not math-filled tomes. They were written for audio
engineers, many of whom have limited understanding of RF issues, so
there is much in them of a tutorial nature. There's nothing in them
that cannot be understood by someone who understands the first few
chapters of the ARRL Handbook, as well as the tutorial material in the
Handbook on antennas and transmission lines.

Jim K9YC