Re: [RFI] Eliminating TVI

To: <rfi@contesting.com>, "N6KJ" <kelly@thejohnsons.ws>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Eliminating TVI
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 07:54:48 -0500
> As I mentioned in an earlier e-mail, I already verified that I get
> interference when I disconnect the satellite set-top and VCR and ONLY
> play a DVD.  I figured this was as good (or better) than a rabbit ears
> test.  As I mentioned before, I get interference when playing a DVD,
> when watching a satellite signal, and watching a VHS tape.  In all cases,
> I disconnected everything except the TV and the input source.  The only
> thing in common with all of these inputs is the TV and the AC line.

I assume you also have a GOOD common mode and differential mode filter on
the power line, and the line cords of each are plugged into the same filter.
Also that nothing else is around the equipment, the two pieces are as close
together as possible, and the interconnecting cables are all bundled  and
not hanging like antennas.

If so, sounds like it is egress into the monitor.

I'd just be darned sure the line filter is a good one for common and
differential mode currents.

73 Tom