RE: [RFI] Broadband over Power Line (BPL) radio interference

To: <rfi@contesting.com>, <bplandhamradio@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [RFI] Broadband over Power Line (BPL) radio interference
From: "Hare,Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:17:18 -0400
> We should aggressively seek to replicate this scenario; this is an area
> where the ARRL's anti-BPL efforts have been well-executed and effective,
> but we need more.

ARRL gets only part of the credit here.  The dedicated and correct work of the
local hams in Cedar Rapids was the most important component to this success.
ARRL supported that work, and provided a jump start with the FCC, but as more
of these cases develop, the success stories will come from those that are most
directly affected.

There are a few of us working this issue within ARRL, but hundreds of thousands
of amateurs out there. Guess which group can get the most done!

Let me publically extend my congratulations and thanks for the volunteerism
that we saw coming out of Cedar Rapids!  Every one of us benefitted from their
work and I, for one, appreciate the time they spent to help amateur radio.

Ed Hare, W1RFI
ARRL Laboratory Manager
225 Main St
Newington, CT 06013
Tel: 860-594-0318
Internet: W1RFI@arrl.org
Web: http://www.arrl.org/tis
Member: ASC C63 EMC Committee
   Chairman: Subcommittee 5, Immunity
   Chairman: Ad hoc BPL Working Group
Member: IEEE SCC-28 RF Safety
Member: Society of Automotive Engineers EMC/EMR Committee
Member: IEEE