[RFI] ECM...etc.

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] ECM...etc.
From: jimjarvis@comcast.net
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 22:23:56 +0000
Sorry.
Jetlagged.  That was supposed to be EMC...as in electromagnetic compatibility.
As opposed to ECM, which is electronic countermeasures.
You make a good point about retrofitting appliances.   I would suppose that
being able to add wireless isolated metering/monitoring to the electric, gas,
or water supply would be a pre-condition.   Control of heating system and
lighting, either automatically or remotely could have value for some
I can't imagine that having appliances interfaced would add value to my life.
Coffee maker?  Frig?  Stove?   Interfaced pantry reporting stock levels of
items and generating a shopping list?   I don't think so.
This is a major digression in one sense...but may be important to understanding
what's driving the power industry's investment vision.    I haven't read enough
yet to see what their magic motive is for BPL.
n2ea