RE: [RFI] ECM...etc.

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [RFI] ECM...etc.
From: Martin Ewing <martin@aa6e.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 12:13:34 -0400
Our CT power company just installed a load-shedding device on our air conditioning compressor that lets them shut us off when they reach capacity. They give us $20 a year for our kindness. We had a similar arrangement in California that paid more handsomely.

Anyway, these devices seem to be controlled by some kind of digital link. I assume this is over the air, like a pager transmitter, but it's an example of what a household data line could do in the future.

-mse, AA6E