Re: [RFI] PG&E IR line fault detection advertisements

To: <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] PG&E IR line fault detection advertisements
From: "N7HIY" <N7HIY@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:51:21 -0800
rick,
you ought to see the size of the crater they dig out and haul off when one
of the old ones boils over or blows. everyone wears full enviro bunny suits,
looks like al Quada has hit again.  costs 10 of thousands of $$$$ in
manhours, equip, disposal costs and reporting to 1000 state and fed.
agencies.
arcs cause ir heating as well as rfi, lots of audio waves also, usually in
the 20Khz range up. ultrasonic acoustical receivers are common in power line
fault locating.

Cliff N7HIY