Re: [RFI] Front Load Washer/Dryer Advice

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Front Load Washer/Dryer Advice
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:29:07 -0700
Yes, I am aware of the Part 15 A vs. B. issue. In fact, I believe I posted
something to this mailing list 6 months or more ago pointing out that fact.
I wouldn't even THINK about a TV that didn't meet Part 15B. I'm really
hoping to find someone that actually owns a Part 15B compliant flat screen
that they know doesn't cause (or receive) interference.
 I went to Best Buy a few months ago and took my FT-817 with me. I walked by
most of the TVs. I was surprised to find that very few (if any) appeared to
generate excessive levels of noise. They were all comparable to my 10 year
old CRT. I came away from that thinking that all this "hype" I've heard
about how they are RFI generators is just bunk. I'd like to confirm that
with others though.
 I tend to think that large flat screens got a bad reputation because when
they first came out, most of them were only Part 15A compliant. These days
it isn't hard to find Part 15B compliant ones.
 Any more input out there?