Re: [RFI] Front Load Washer/Dryer Advice

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Front Load Washer/Dryer Advice
From: Kelly Johnson <n6kj.kelly@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:01:24 -0700
It looks like we will probably give the Whirlpool Duet a try. Anyone know of
any KNOWN issue with them?
 I could use a bit more advice.
 We will be moving into a new home next week and the washer/dryer pair (and
maybe even a new TV) will arrive shortly thereafter. I probably won't be
able to put up my yagi before the 30 day return period is up so I need a
good way of making sure none of these items have serious RFI issues without
the yagi. I could probably throw up a cheap multi-band dipole temporarily
just to check it out. Do you think this will be better than trying to use a
portable radio/antenna like my FT-817? The FT-817 is great for taking to a
TV showroom and checking for blatant RFI issues, but I don't know how to
"calibrate" it such that I know what level of noise I will get on my yagi.
Anyone have any tips here? I would hate to buy these expensive items only to
find out in 6 months that they have issues I didn't detect until I put up my
tower and good antenna :-)