Re: [RFI] RFI to or from LCD or Plasma Large Screen TV's?

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI to or from LCD or Plasma Large Screen TV's?
From: "Martin, AA6E" <martin.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 21:19:14 -0500
You need to look at how these things work.  The "plasma" in the plasma
display is generated by electrical discharges through the little gas
cells.  Millions of micro-lightning bolts.  Not surprising they cause
RFI.  Of course, it can be suppressed by good engineering, but that
will add to cost, etc.  And what consumer cares about (or enforces)
Class A or Class B compliance?

The LCD panels we're all familiar with on computer displays, work by
electric fields - high impedance, low current (relatively) that
polarize little liquid crystals.  More friendly to us, but can
sometimes be a problem, like anything digital.  My computer LCD
trouble comes mostly from the switching power supplies.

73 Martin AA6E