Re: [RFI] grounding your ham equipment

To: gregory helman <turkee56@verizon.net>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] grounding your ham equipment
From: "John K9UWA" <k9uwa@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:22:44 -0500
My Advice is a little different...

go to this website

http://www.arraysolutions.com/prod_category.htm

You want one single ground system to include your power line
ground, phone line ground, cable tv if you have it plus your
tower and antennas. Interconnections to all these items should
be low inductance cables.. one of the best is 3/4" inside
diameter copper tubing available reasonably due to use in home
air conditioning systems.. it actually has a slightly lower
inductance than 2 inch wide flat strap. You also need protective
devices on each coax and control cable that comes from your
tower to the house. Also protection devices on the power line
and phone and cable tv lines as well...

John k9uwa

> i am planing putting up a new tower and beam. now on my ham station
> equipment what is the best way to ground tuner, radio etc to >my station to
> my ground rod. to avoid ground loops do i use tuner as my central and ground
> all ham gear to my tuner and then to grounding rod outside. th use copper
> strap or braided strap from ham gear to tuner and then to grounding rod
> .thanks. kx3x

John Goller, K9UWA & Jean Goller, N9PXF
Antique Radio Restorations
k9uwa@arrl.net