Re: [RFI] IN-band Filters

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] IN-band Filters
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 23:19:13 +0000
Bryan Swadener wrote:

>  I'm looking for some form of filter for the purpose of reducing interference
> between stations operating on the same band (ie, fone-cw).  This would be
> used in a planned multi-transmitter contest setup during Field Day 2007.  The
> bandwidth and slope would need to be good enough to prevent fundamental
> overload of (and possibly damage to) the receiving station.

That was tough enough *before*, but if the FCC continues on its present
course, it'll be even tougher next Field Day.

You're going to want to operate CW up through at least 3600 kHz.  But
you may want to operate phone *down* to 3600, too.  Previously, you
could use approximately 3600 - 3750 as a "guard" band or "transition"
band for the filter design, but not now.

Bud, W2RU