Re: [RFI] CFL bulbs - NO WAY

To: "W6YN Don Milbury" <w6yn@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL bulbs - NO WAY
From: "Bob Gates" <regates@hughes.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 05:46:30 -0700
Don et.al.,

If you can logically explain to me how the subject of "busted bulbs" can
lead to a review of the state of global warming on Mars, I'll be quiet and
just see where this thing is going.  But you might want to consider an
alternative track.  What happens to these "busted bulbs"?  Presumably, they
wind up in garbage cans, and your local waste management company delivers
them to landfills.  And, speaking of landfills, are you aware that literally
thousands of current and inactive land fills have been certified by the EPA
as superfund cleanup sights.  And speaking of the EPA, why is their
stewardship of these cleanup sites in question?  Could it be because Bush's
hacks have put an industry lobbyist is charge of this activity?  Nay, you
say, it's just to counter the tree-hugging liberals who are ruining our
economy!  But, wait a minute.  There are numerous studies by clearly
independent think tanks on the management of, or even the necessity for,
superfunds.  How do you know they're independent?  Because they said they
are stupid.  But wait a minute.  Some studies point out the reduced activity
of birds and bees within a 100 mile radius of some of these sites.  That's a
fact Jack.  So now we have "busted bulbs" connected to reduced "birds and
bees" normal activities.  (I shudder to think I've just provided some with
at least five tangents to take with this subject.)

But it makes a lot more sense than just about anything I've read so far.  I
repeat my request.  And please take the "birds and bees" other activities
with you.

Bob, W7BJ