[RFI] Global Warming and Ecology

To: "RFI Reflector" <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Global Warming and Ecology
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 07:26:41 -0700
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:13:47 -0500, Mike Coslo wrote:

>There is no UNDISPUTED evidence that global warming is the result
>of human activities.

Those doing the disputing don't have science on their side. I see
those doing the disputing as coming from one or more of the
following places:

May I remind those here of the scientific method -- study what has
already been proven and understood, set up experiments to prove
what is not yet known or proven. Most of us here have done that
for circuit theory, electronics, and radio, but not many of us
have done so in the discipline of the ecology of our planet.

The fact that WE have not done so does not mean that others have
not done so.

1) "I haven't done the science to prove it, nor have I studied the
science that has been done, so it isn't real."

2) "It violates my political views of how the world should be
run."

3) "Science is a matter of opinion."

If you get around the world much (to places where you see the
degradation of the environment), and if you read REAL newspapers,
and if you listen to REAL broadcast news, it is clear beyond any
reasonable doubt that massive damage has already been done to our
planet. The well documented receding of the polar ice caps are
only the most recent examples. You didn't hear about that? That's
YOUR fault, not a guy named Gore.

73,

Jim Brown K9YC