Re: [RFI] CFL bulbs - NO WAY

To: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>,"Hisashi T Fujinaka" <htodd@twofifty.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL bulbs - NO WAY
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@rapidsys.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 00:53:15 -0400
Who said this statement came from an internet chat room.  It was a published
report from an independent research group.  I will have to search and find
the name of the group that published the report.

There is no UNDISPUTED evidence that global warming is the result of human
activities.  In spite of the chicken little attitude of large numbers of
people, there is still a group of experts who contend there is valid
evidence to support the contention that the contribution of human activity
to the current warming cycle is minimal and lost in the noise of the data.
One point is the number of hurricanes has not increased over the last 50
years but has in fact decreased from the number recorded from about 1900 to
1950.  This is not supposition but comes from the records.

> There is pretty much universal agreement all around the
> world that at least a significant part of global warming is
> caused by humans

There is no such universal agreement except among those who have something
to gain by supporting this contention.  Their attitude is "Don't confuse me
with facts, my mind is made up".

I just read a report from NOAA that warming is being counteracted by
particulate matter in the upper atmosphere.  The total heating energy
received from the sun has decreased to due reflection caused the this
particulate matter and if the trend line continues we may see a reversal of
warming to a cooling cycle.

David
KC2JD/4