Re: [RFI] Electric Dog Fences - What to Buy?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Electric Dog Fences - What to Buy?
From: "Mel Crichton" <kj9c@iquest.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 07:50:06 -0500
DogWatch is good...........

When we installed a DogWatch electric fence some years ago they provided the
addresses of a few local customers. I drove by with the AM radio and could not
detect RFI. So we installed it. No noise, even on 160 meters where one beverage
passes over the loop

When lightning took out the system a couple years ago they replaced the
transmitter and wall wart supply (under warsanty), and suddenly there was RFI.
I traced it to the wall wart and took it back to their store to show them (with
my portable radio). They were surprised at the RF noise coming from the current
model and gave me an "updated" unit the factory had just sent. It was quieter
but still had some noise. Noise was worse at the beverage. So I replace it with
a wall wart fomr my junk box, problem solved.

Mel KJ9C