Re: [RFI] RFI issues in electric (or hybrid) vehicles

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI issues in electric (or hybrid) vehicles
From: Cortland Richmond <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 00:35:48 -0400
FWIW Department: Some years ago at the Livermore CA monthly swap meet
another Ham started up his Prius while I was walking by with an FT-817
with MP-1 attached on 40 CW. There was a distinct whining noise whose
sound ros einfurency as the wheels began to turn and he moved off. No
surprise; lots of amps being switched for those motors.

As I said, FWIW.  Maybe I should haul out an active monopole (if mine
still works) and an analyzer to see what one looks like in "real life"
and not just here on the List.

Cortland
KA5S