Re: [RFI] Line noise update

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Line noise update
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 08:41:56 -0700
On 10/9/2012 5:16 AM, N1BUG wrote:
It was near one of my really bad 24/7 offenders and got lost in the din. Now it is the only remaining source in that direction, so it should be easy to find.

Great news on your progress, Paul. Ours is such a noisy world that it's become really common for our noise levels to be the combination of many sources. Now that you've knocked down the strongest ones, you're hearing weaker ones. Don't rule out the possibility that some of those that remain may be electronic noise generators in homes. Some of the worst (and most common) are switching power supplies that are feeding low voltage lighting fixtures, battery chargers, and so on. Then there are doorbells, street lights, etc. Most of this stuff is radiated by wiring within the buildings where the noise source is located.

73, Jim K9YC