Re: [RFI] Noise cancellers....

To: "Dale J." <dj2001x@comcast.net>, David Harmon <k6xyz@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Noise cancellers....
From: Patrick <wa4tuk-rf@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 11:23:22 -0400
Dave/Dale:

I was really interested in one of these a few years back but after studying the various web pages devoted to magnetic loop antennas I was left with more questions than answers about how they might help with power line noise.

It's easy enough to see how a directional receive antenna would help. And a steerable receive antenna for 30MHz down to below standard broadcast might see a lot of use.

I've got probably three different line noise sources all probably one-half mile and further away along with one really nasty fence charger pop. None of these sources could be called near field.

None of these (at least at present) are bad enough to wage a campaign over.

So, do you think you are actually getting some rejection of line noise or is the improvement in reception mostly due to the directional properties of the antenna?

Pat
wa4tuk