Re: [RFI] HF Handy Talkie for RFI Detection?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] HF Handy Talkie for RFI Detection?
From: "David Robbins" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2016 15:38:39 +0000
For tracking on foot I use a Grundig G5.  Its reasonable sensitive even with
its built in antennas, and has a jack for an external antenna.  The internal
antenna has a nice null so you can just swing it around and get rough
bearings.  It does AM and SSB from 150khz to 30mhz and also does the fm
broadcast  band.  It has 2 bandwidths and a sensitivity switch to attenuate
loud signals if needed.  It's a bit big for a shirt pocket but fits in
jacket pockets ok.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373