Re: [RFI] ADSL2+ modem crashing solved using power line filter and choke

Subject: Re: [RFI] ADSL2+ modem crashing solved using power line filter and choke
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 16:56:23 -0700
Hi Don,

I strongly recommend that you take this to the ADSL vendor. It's THEIR problem, and THEY should fix it. W8JI did that several years ago when he had the same problem, and they brought him a new modem that fixed it.

There are several textbook things that could and should be done. One of the most important is replacing telco's wiring in the vicinity of your antennas with high quality twisted pair, like CAT5. Another would the installation of common mode chokes like those I've recommended on telco wiring, on power supply wiring, and on any other cables attached to the modem. These measures are THEIR responsibility, not yours.

73, Jim K9YC