Re: [RFI] Station ground - more

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Station ground - more
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 20:20:46 -0700
"However, I have run into at least one instance where a "ground" wire (which
was connected to a PLASTIC water pipe !!!!)"

>From 1981 to about 2002 or so, this place and associated out buildings was
served by a 220VAC 200A service with no neutral.  The neutral common to the
two feeds was water in a 110' run of 1.25" PVC pipe going back to a well
where it ended at a painted well cap, thus bypassing the ground potential at
that point and continuing another 200' or so to the stainless steel pump and
dissipating all current into the ground at that point.  I discovered it by
sitting on the output pipe to program some irrigation timers and got zapped
in the butt.

Kurt