Re: [RFI] Any RFI issues with Amana AMVC96 Furnace?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Any RFI issues with Amana AMVC96 Furnace?
From: "John Pelham" <john@radiophile.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 13:11:56 -0400
Even some non-variable-speed setups can emit RFI. In 2010 I needed a new
system, and specified no variable speed to the contractor. I got a Trane system
that had a G.E. ECM (electronically commutated) motor in the inside air
handler. It had three taps (the installer moves a jumper) to select three fixed
speeds. There was RFI. I was able to fix it with #31 ferrites.

But the best advice is from Dave, below: Get 'no RFI' in writing and don't
trust a handshake.

73,
John W1JA