Re: [RFI] Any RFI issues with Amana AMVC96 Furnace?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Any RFI issues with Amana AMVC96 Furnace?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017 02:26:05 -0400
I agree with Jim and Dave. However I'm a bit confused in the variable 2 speed. Is it variable or 2 speed? Normally all the H & V guys I talked to said, 2 speed, OR variable. Two speed was just that, one speed, or the other. All the variable speed used Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) for speed control. They readily agreed (in a written contract), that they would replace the unit if it created noise heard by the rig (paraphrased) The unit is a RUUD rather than Amana. It is a high efficency and qualified for a good rebate.

I hear nary a sound from the H&V unit on the receiver
We ended up replacing our furnace and central air in the middle of this past winter. When we fired up the air conditioner late this spring it ran two days and froze up. They replaced the entire exterior unit.

Both jobs were miserable for the techs. Cold and windy in the winter and bright sun and middle 90s (with no breeze) in the summer

73, Roger (K8RI)