Re: [RFI] RFI In My Shack

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI In My Shack
From: "Dave Cole (NK7Z)" <dave@nk7z.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 17:21:13 -0800
Hi Matt,

I agree totally with you, however, if I look at 20 random OCF dipoles, I find only three or four of them actually installed correctly, hence my comment, and suggestion it was an OCF, (which it is), in the first place.

With regards to antenna performance, I was not speaking about antenna performance with regards to DX, but performance with regards to RFI. The OP is actually burning things up in his shack, and destroying speakers, so I suspect that takes priority over DX at this point. It also indicates a massive RFI issue. I like OCF dipoles, if as you said, they are installed correctly with the proper chokes on them, which most are not. With regards to the vertical or Dipole suggestion; that is to move the Op to an antenna that does not require quite as much choking as the OCF does.

I live by Jim's papers! They have been the most useful work I have found for day to day solutions. Take a look at Jim's talk here:

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/KillingRXNoiseVisalia.pdf

73s and thanks,
Dave
NK7Z