Re: [RFI] RFI In My Shack

To: Matthew King - KK4CPS <KK4CPS@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI In My Shack
From: Wes Attaway <wesattaway@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2017 21:32:07 -0600
I use 2 OCF antennas, coax fed with proper feed point baluns.  I have zero rfi
even with AT&T router, network cable, 3 computers and a tv set all within a few
feet of each other.  I would not be too quick to blame your OCF antenna.  The
problem is likely with bonding/grounding, cable connections, etc.

     --------------------------------------
Wes Attaway (N5WA)
(318 ) 393-3289 - Shreveport, LA
Computer/Cellphone Forensics
AttawayForensics.com

<KK4CPS@gmail.com> </div><div>Date:12/02/2017  6:43 PM  (GMT-06:00)
through *proper* baluns & chokes.  The fundamental band of the antenna (40
or 80, for example) and the exact split make huge differences.

Clearly you've had a bad an experience with a bad OCFD if you think ANY
vertical, even with decent radial field, will outplay it!  Having used
both, I can tell you with certainty that it's simply not the case.

Read the links that I posted earlier in this thread and you can learn a
lot. The OCFD can be an outstanding antenna, but not if it's thrown up over
a roof with a 33%/67% split on 80m with a 4:1 voltage balun in it. THAT is
a recipe for disaster!

Jim's publications on the subject illustrate *proper* chokes.  Check 'em
out....

73, y'all

Matt
AK4MK