Re: [RFI] Solar System Electronics

To: RFI Group <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar System Electronics
From: Phil Duff <na4m@suddenlink.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 13:46:19 -0500
I was curious about the solar breakeven myself.

On a local community website here an individual posted that he recently had a
SunPower panel system installed on a newly constructed 4600 sq/ft house here in
central Texas (no shortage of sunshine).

His stated that in essence he will be mostly replacing his monthly electric
bill with a payment to a finance company for the next 10 years.

After that mostly free electricity.

My thought and local friends in same approximate age demographic that’s too
long to breakeven for older homeowners given the upfront cost and/or financing.
 YMMV.

73 Phil NA4M

> On Jul 9, 2018, at 1:25 PM, Dale Johnson <dj2001x@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> I myself am not going to install any solar panels.  I’m curious, how many
> years does it take for the solar systems to break even?  I assume where solar
> is popular there is many hours and days of good sunlight and the electricity
> from public utility is sky high.
>
> Dale, K9VUJ

Phil Duff          na4m[at]suddenlink[dot]net