Re: [RFI] FCC Complaint Filing

To: JW <jwin95@yahoo.com>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] FCC Complaint Filing
From: Charles Plunk <af4o@twc.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 23:29:46 -0600
My latest one I tracked to a pole up the street. Its radiating up and down the street but fairly sure. I rarely get this lucky but it was already marked for replacement due to a weak wood pole. Lots of hardware on it and they told me it would be all new. So waiting on that before I track further. I have had so many fixed for decades I communicate via email with the engineer there. There office is only about a half mile from my QTH.

I nearly always track them myself nowadays since its a small rural utility. Saves time vs them having to call their supplier who has rfi services that can take forever and ever and ever and then I lack confidence they know what they are doing. Last one they tracked off down in the woods and it turned out it was the pole in my backyard. I tracked it to the exact hardware after df'ing then using my QST article ultrasonic dish instead of waiting for them to come back. This time though I have been unable to hear it with the ultrasonic but df'ed it on several frequencies/antennas/rigs.