Re: [RFI] RFI Question

To: 'Tony' <73guddx@gmail.com>, Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Question
From: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J via RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 14:39:30 +0000
Based on my experience, I'm also in the "stronger signal" camp.

One example, when I had tracked down a touch lamp noise that was strongest on
20meters several years ago, I found the noise strongest in their empty garage
below the touch lamp upstairs.  Spotted an extension cord plugged in the wall
with nothing attached to the cord which was where the strongest noise was
centered in the house.  The extension cord's outlet was on the same breaker
circuit as the touch lamp.  I unplugged the extension cord and the noise became
very weak.  Back at the shack, I could no longer find any RFI noise.

Apparently the extension cord added to the house wiring equaled a 20 meter
resonance that made the weak RFI noise very strong at my antennas.

73, de ed -K0iL