Re: [RFI] RFI Question

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RFI Question
From: Ray LaRue <w4byg@att.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 16:33:57 +0000
I think you are right, it's not as simple as that.

The output impedance of the generating device would seem to be significant. In many cases it would not be easy to ascertain that output impedance, one could only guess.

ALso, I assume you are referring to a "piece" of wire to be connected at one end to the RFI source and the other wire end to be free.

If the output impedance of the RFI device is low. It would make the wire more of a quarter wave long radiator. For example a 32' wire would be resonate then around 40 meters.

If the RFI device had a high impedance, the same 32' piece of wire would likely be resonant in the 20 meter band.
Ray, W4BYG