Re: [SD-User] SD QSO Number - and more

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] SD QSO Number - and more
From: Stewart Rolfe <gw0etf@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 14:27:48 +0100
I also have 3 duplicate qso numbers from WPX at the weekend. It was a
sporadic operation and one of the repeats does seem to correspond with
turning off the computer (large time gap) but not the others; also had
the warning message about the log being altered by another program but I
*had* been messing around with dummy entries/zap to check the problem
mentioned below and assumed something to do with that.

Also I wonder if anyone (especially Paul :-) can confirm the following
little problem experienced in WPX....:
.......I'm in the serial field after inputting a callsign in S&P
(happens generally too) and typing in the serial. However sending a
message then moves the cursor back to the start of the serial field. I
was tending to send my serial message while still entering the received
number which caused me to record for instance 3101 instead of the
correct 1013...! Once I realised this I adapted but it still caught me
out occasionally.

I use F-key messages and the number pad for serials but have checked
with number pad messages and still the same. Also tried various
combinations of eg autoinsert, overlay/insert with dummy setups but the
only time I've noted it doesn't happen is when set up for Type 11
contests which is my most often used (for the RSGB club champs)

Amazing how a little problem takes on significance in the heat of battle
but I'd like to say how much I like SD and I've no doubt this will be
fixed in the usual efficient manner.....

73, from Stewart Rolfe /  GWØETF

RSGB (DRM Region 63 - Gwynedd/Ynys Môn)
G-QRP 6822
FISTS  9883

PS. Version 11.22 with W98 and Winkey on usb->serial.