Re: [SD-User] sdi and wine

To: Bill Gearhiser <thegear@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] sdi and wine
From: Anders Eidenvall <anders@eidenvall.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 00:25:02 +0200
Thanks for the help and your interest.

I have tried your suggestion and a normal terminal window is working OK when
SDI is running in wine. Nothing unusual such as slow operation can be seen.

What I can see is that SDI is consuming a lot of CU cycles during this time.
As an example:

If I enter a call in the call field and then hits backspace a few times to
get rid of the call, SDI is consuming 100% of my 2.3GHz CPU for at least 5
seconds. I can also see that when SDI is just idling in wine, bursts of 100%
CPU-cycles are consumed for about one second every 5 seconds. They disappear
when I close wine.

About a possible regression bug, I have tried this with both the stable wine
release and with the latest development release with the same result.

Anders Eidenvall