Re: [SD-User] sdi and wine

To: "sduser" <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] sdi and wine
From: "Nick G4IRX" <nick.sduser@nowindows.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 17:35:06 +0100
According to the Wine user guide there are three different ways of
running a Windows console mode application:
http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/cui-programs

Just to add if you want to run any Windows apps on Linux or Mac OSX then
Sun's VirtualBox emulator is free for personal use and performs
extremely well. For console apps such as SD it's best to use something
from the NT family so avoid 95/98/ME. If you don't have a copy of
Windows then you can get evaluation copies that will run for six months
by registering with MS as a developer - I have obtained Windows 7 RC and
2003 Server by that route and they run quite happily on MacOS 10.5 and
Ubuntu 9.04.

One other advantage of the emulator is that it is possible to map all
your serial ports into the range that are supported in SD. Disadvantage
is that there is no parallel port so you will have to use Winkey.

73
Nick G4IRX

--
Nick G4IRX