[SD-User] SD and windows keying

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] SD and windows keying
From: DAVID BUTLER <g4asr@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:28:50 +0000 (GMT)
Quote: "SD integrates with WinKey to eliminate CW timing issues caused by
Windows."

I haven't tried this yet but why can't I use SD to drive the built-in keyer
inside my FT-2000 to eliminate
CW timing issues caused by Windows. Or is it a little bit more complicated than
this.

I only ask because as far as I can tell Winkey is a stand-alone keyer - and
theoretically so is the keyer in the FT-2000.
Furthermore I can adjust all sorts of CW parameters within the menu system to
integrate with SD, can't I?

Also are the CW timing issues caused by all versions of Windows.  Is it the
same with Windows7?

73 David G4ASR