Re: [SD-User] S&P operation

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] S&P operation
From: Bert Hyman <bert@iphouse.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:40:49 -0600
Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com  wrote:

> From: "Lars Nordgren" <lars.nordgren at fro.se>
>
>> Send own call: Works fine in the call field. But when
>> I work a worked station in a new band, I have to look out.
>
> When in S&P mode, the rule is simple :-)
>
> When you're in the Callsign field, Enter sends your call.
> When you're in the Exchange field, Enter sends your call,
> but only if the exchange is blank - otherwise SD thinks
> you have entered the exchange and are now ready to send
> your exchange.
>
> The problem arises because SD pre-fills VE provinces
> and the state/province of any station worked previously.
>
> This is a clear conflict that I can't resolve.  The
> solution is to use F5, when appropriate, to send your
> call.

Isn't that what the "AUTOFILL" command is for?

        When SD identifies area codes from the callsign, or from
        previous QSOs, it auto-fills the data in the exchange field.
        This may be a nuisance in S&P mode, as you then have to
        use F5 to repeat your own call. The AUTOFILL command
        toggles this feature On and Off – it has no effect when
        you’re not in S&P mode.

I set AUTOFILL to "OFF" in the recent ARRL CW DX Contest, and found it
solved that problem.

Bert W0RSB