Re[2]: Filters and things...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Filters and things...
From: DFREY@maila.harris.com (DFREY)
Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 15:08:34 -0400
     > The manual also doesn't do a very good job of explaining the BP/Fade
     > control either.  The way I understand these knobs, they are some
     >sort of audio passband tuning; is this correct?

     Yeah.  Think of it this way. First there is a very sharp BPF which has
     a tunable center frequency.  With the fade control you can select from
     only the output of this filter continuously to only the unfiltered
     signal.  The aural effect is a filter with continuously variable skirt
     selectivity - from very narrow to full wide.

     Dick, K4XU