[TenTec] OmniV/VI cw characteristics

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OmniV/VI cw characteristics
From: seay@Alaska.NET (Del Seay, KL7HF)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 11:21:53 -0800 (AKDT)
The OMNI-V was not plagued by a poor note. It was great in all cases that I've
listened too.

The OMNI-6 is another matter. They have a real strange turn on/off arrangement
for cw and most have a real steep leading edge which translates to a hard note.
I have'nt found any with clicks, but most sound extremely hard.
I softened my 'SIX' keying by playing with the base capacitors in the
low-level amp stage, where the tx/rx voltages are formed. However, W4QM tried
the same thing with no effect. So, I  don't know what the "fer-sure" cure is!
TenTec has been reluctant to attack the problem.
Incidently, the QSK in the 'SIX' needs some TLC, too. It is not up to
TT standards as they come out. This may be taken care of in the "PLUS" mods
and if so, I'll know next month.
Good Luck.  de KL7HF