[TenTec] CB Linears and why the FCC no care

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] CB Linears and why the FCC no care
From: ham@w3eax.umd.edu (Scott Rosenfeld NF3I)
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 07:42:17 -0400
Ahh, but the Federales DO have clout, and the law, behind them.  They
just choose not to bother dealing with it.

Who would you rather go after, given limited budgets and manpower?

1) A commercial radio station that violates obscenity statutes, or
2) A single CB operator messing up TVs with his illegal equipment?

given that the commercial station is a FAR, FAR greater source of
revenue...go ahead, fine 'em $50,000, there lots more where that came
from - AND they need to be licensed.  Whatcha gonna do with the CBer?
How are you going to milk a dry wallet for $800?  And since he has no
license to pull, well...

* Scott Rosenfeld NF3I Burtonsville, MD FM19mc QRV 80-10/6/2/440 *
*** 6m 75 grids worked on 8 watts *** HF 140 cfmd * QRP-L #147 ***
** QRP ARCI #9054 ** DXCC/WAS/WAC *** 100% dipole powered HF/6m **
* 301-549-1022 h / 301-982-1015 w *** Hamfest, life's simple joy *