[TenTec] T-Kit 1220 2m FM Transceiver Mods?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] T-Kit 1220 2m FM Transceiver Mods?
From: BDrum5555@aol.com (BDrum5555@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 03:38:38 -0400 (EDT)
Just a few thought on the 1220/1222 kit.

I have had mine running for about a year now and can say that I have had a
great time with it in fact, thats what led me to build the 6m and 220m kits.
 I will say that the 1220 has a better rx than my Icom does.

I also get about 4.5watts out of the radio on low and about 38 watts on high
power.

Also my 1220 sits on top of my Omni 5 and I am using my 961 power supply.  I
have the 1220 on all the time monitoring while I use my Omni at 100watts and
have never had a single problem.

Any time you use any rig in a car you must start the car with the rig off
!!!!!!!!!

I think you may want to call the guys at TT for some help on your kit because
the problems you are having are not at all what I have found.

Good Luck,
73
Doug KF6BKH

P.S.  I WOULD recomend this kit to anyone that is willing to take their time
and follow all directions.