[TenTec] Why Stop Here ? MFJ Cleartone replacement

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Why Stop Here ? MFJ Cleartone replacement
From: seay@Alaska.NET (Del Seay)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 06:21:29 -0900

----------
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
> Date: Friday, February 13, 1998 4:23 AM
>
> At 11:20 PM 2/12/98 -0600, you wrote:
> >

> Ok, lets don't stop here. I have to use headphones to let the xyl
> sleep while operation. What are the best headphones for cw?
> I use the good stereo ones too, but there are not great for cw.
contesting.com/km9p/search.htm

A few years ago, I picked up from Fair Radio Sales, a couple sets
of headphones from the Korean War era, complete with real.
honest to God chamois skin covered pads. The headpieces were
just straps, so I re-rigged onto some old headpieces from other
headphones, and they are wonderful for cw. Just the right frequency
response and totally block out external noise.
All of my modern, high priced, whiz-bang specials are in the drawer
and these get all the use. Look back into that era for some real
good quality headsets.
de KL7HF