[TenTec] TT 221 filter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT 221 filter
From: W4NL-KA4S@worldnet.att.net (L. L. Lamb)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 16:04:16 -0500
Thanks to you Tyler for your leadership on the new TT filter 221.  I feel
sure many appreciate your effort.

Ten Tec's action in response to those of us who prefer a lower frequency
relative to the 250hz filter is another of the "things" which gives us OMNI
owners the warm and fuzzy feeling.  I've ordered mine already and look
forward to hearing even better. What is the center frequency of the
YaComWood filters and would they for any price offer one to our collective
specs?  We know the answer.

What sent me to buy an OMNI VI+ was:  1. N4VV and my respect for his
knowledge of CW and experience with his OMNI VI, 2. a bad experience with
an IC-756 and 3. a company who will allow us to bring our transceivers up
to date without selling the old and buying the new.  Just a super policy
that will pay off for them business wise in the long haul, I hope.

Everyone should remember with complicated equipment, like OMNIs, failures
happen or otherwise will have hiccups along the way.  To have someone like
Ten Tec to talk out our problems and get response while not being made to
feel like an idiot, is worth a great deal to me.  Others may agree.  When
and if it's necessary to ship our goodies to them, we can also feel that it
will be fixed, in short order and not dip too hard into the family budget.
I'm fairly new to TT, but I like what I see from them.

Incidentally, I enjoy reading the threads on the reflector and seeing the
many good suggestions.  The best part of the reflector is the genuine
desire of TT owners to help other TT owners.  Nice touch.

Finally and on a personal note Tyler, I have a very good IC-765 which
hopefully will work a long time cause the thought of fixing it will drive
me quickly to the second OMNI as things are now.  It sits besides the VI+.
I worked the 9M0C on 80 meters to complete my 5BWAZ with the OMNI when it
was very questionable on the 765.

Again thanks for the help and by mid April I'll have a fine addition to my
OMNI VI+.

73, Lynn W4NL

W4NL-KA4S@worldnet.att.net