[TenTec] TT 221 filter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT 221 filter
From: gfbike@millcomm.com (gfbike)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 22:36:42 -0600
Roger Cook wrote:

> Hello Om,
>  I have the 9 MHz 1.8 ssb filter in both of my TT rigs and they are equal
> or better than the 1.8 in the Yaesu and Kenwood rigs. What dont you like
> about them?  I have had several of the 1.8 MHZ in the older TT rigs and
> never saw a problem of any kind with them doing exactly what they are
> was designed to do.
> Roger Cook "KO4O"
> Trinity   Alabama

Mine sounds like ALL of the low frequency response is lost in SSB. I
would have hoped that the 1.8 would be centered at the same point as is
the 2.4, therefor reducing the highs a little and the lows a little. It
sounds like the PBT is way off when I try to use it.

Someone suggested that I try to adjust the carrier oscillators. I am
going to look into this.

Thanks and Regards,

Gary