[TenTec] Model 301 update, if interested?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Model 301 update, if interested?
From: ku4it@bellsouth.net (David E. Shelton)
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 21:34:10 -0500
Yes, I seemed to have started something here, Hi Hi. I have received
about 40+ replies to the model 301 ad alone and the hits just keep on
comin. I told Scott at TT world to start putting the encoders back in
the enclosures again and if there ever was a finanical at TT it would be
solved, Hi Hi. Seriously though the 301 is probably the nicest accessory
I had and I really cherished it here. Rarely used the main tuning knob
on the rig. After all my problems with the Omni VI+, which I returned, I
have decided to go with a Icom 775DSP or Yaesu FT-1000MP. Which one I
will decide on come this weekend when I A/B test the two. I could not
see spending that much money and have that many problems from the get
go. I will be looking for another Omni V, without a doubt the best CW
rig ever IMHO, in the future as a backup rig. I know I am going to catch
a lot of flaming from this posting but TT is slipping ever so slowly
into the horizon, I made that one vague on purpose. So now I am sitting
here listening to my TT Scout my last piece of TT gear, which I will be
using tomorrow appropriately with the Girl Scouts, Guides on the Air. I
still love TT, nothing sounds like one from the Century 21 to the Omni
VI+ but I am going to pass on them for now.

--
73 dit dit,

David E. Shelton, RN
KU4IT Amateur Op